Sermon 30 Sep 2018
For such a time as this by Fr. Dana
Simple Summary: What is God showing to us, His people, through the story of Esther?
- We have an enemy, satan, who seeks our destruction
- Satan hates us because we are obedient to God
- Satan uses people of authority against us
- God will deliver us, but He chooses people to bring it to pass: “if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place”
- Shall we respond with a three day fast?
- We must be courageous: “if I perish, I perish”
Who knows whether we have come to this moment in this place in the kingdom of God for such a time as this?
Lectionary: Esther 7:1-10; Psalm 124:1-8; James 4:11-12; Mark 9:38-50
Referenced Scriptures: Esther 4:1-16
Recording – Sermon: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvYHlhfoSlmRnRNgW9V5KOTP10Ft